Posted in French Studies

Allons-Y! That was a fun week 2!

Bonjour! So we made it through week 2! The kids are having fun and the teachers are too! French class is always a fun, exciting adventure with the K1 and K2’s!

We begin each class with greetings and going through all the name tags asking: Qui est a l’école aujourd’hui? Every student responds with: “Bonjour Morah Yardena”.

We get through our songs, which include “Bonjour mes amis” of course! We’ve taken it up to another level including ‘comment ca va mes amis and ca va bien mes amis!’ (how are you my friends and responding: I am good my friends, thank you)- with hand movements as well.

We are practicing our alphabet, our numbers, days of the week and months of the year- with songs of course!

The students are loving the learning through song and movement.

We do calendar everyday, asking what day is it today? What day was yesterday? What day will it be tomorrow? (In French with English translation and hand gestures to assist the children).

We are getting to know our students better. They are learning about themselves as well through different personalized activities.

Here is a little peak of our Kindergartens ready for circle time and dancing to our new French Songs! 

On to week #3!! 🙂

-Morah Yardena